Thursday, February 10, 2011

Portraits by Jenn: The Joy of Love: Day 08


day 08: gift from the heart
So Erik and I started trying to have a baby in December of '04. 
I say we started "trying", really we just stopped preventing. 
After a year or so we started fertility treatments.
Then we moved to Kerrville and took a little break.
In February of '06 I got pregnant and miscarried. 
My husband bought me this:

 He said we would never give up HOPE that the Lord would bless us with a child. 

HOPE:
to desire something with confident expectation of its fulfillment

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the
power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13


A little over a year ago my good friend and her husband started trying to have a baby. They have had a lot of road blocks along the way. We have been praying and praying and praying for them. 

One year ago this month I found out I was pregnant. 

I was doing my Bible study one day and I just felt the need to send her my Willow Tree Figure of 
HOPE! 
I didn't even tell Erik I was sending it to her. 
For my birthday in April he brought home another one EXACTLY like the one I had sent to her. 
He STILL had NO idea I had given the first one away until I told him. 
On November 2, 2010 this is the gift he helped give to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Portraits by Jenn's Fan Box

Portraits by Jenn on Facebook
blog design by the polka dot pig